Fight for the Internet 1!

Friday, December 14, 2012

HTTPS Everywhere Tweak



In the latest version of the Firefox Plugin "HTTPS Everywhere" I have been inundated with very annoying alerts asking me to save a discovered rule for HTTPS, even including saving an already existing rule. [It has asked me to save YouTube no again and again less than 20 times in the past month.]

So finally I had enough of this and I opened the almighty Firefox page "about:config" (without quotes). Then I searched through the options until I found what I was looking for.

The option to toggle is:

extensions.httpsfinder.noruleprompt

I set it to "true" and now I am no longer prompted to accepting or saving a rule in Firefox. It seems to work like I want, though I find it still suffers from the same problem the add-on had before. You can disable a rule, and generally it doesn't seem to work, auto-redirecting you to an HTTPS connection. This might be fixed if you close and reopen the tab or browser, but I haven't tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment